Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sing me a song...

What do I do on a lovely, sunny Sunday afternoon? Answer: I meet up with my girlfriends for an even lovelier beer in one of our local Icehouses. Reminiscing about life while enjoying the afternoon sun to the sound of the 80's, a song came on whose lyrics we immediately recognized, but the singer's name was a no show. Ever had that happen to you? Well, guess what? An iphone application exists that can recognize songs by taking a sound sample of about 10 seconds. It then pulls the respective name of the song, album, band, genre, label, cover, and many more items, off the Web. Called Shazam, the application is what I would call a walking and listening musical brain.

Oh, you want to know what the song was? You've got a friend by Carole King. I surely do.

No comments:

Post a Comment